who we are
A person goes to school -- graduates -- marries -- gets a job -- has a family -- buys a house -- watches his children leave home -- continues to work -- eventually retires -- and dies.
1. God created man and desired to have a relationship with him.
2. Man disobeyed God and fellowship was broken.
3. Jesus Christ paid the penalty, in full, for man's sin and bridged the gap so
we can have fellowship with God.
What are you to do?
1. Recognize you are a sinner, just like all of us.
2. Confess your sins to God, and ask for forgiveness.
3. Turn away from your sin, remembering that through Christ you are no
longer a slave to sin and can win the battle.
4. Believe that Christ died for you!
5. Ask Christ to become the controlling Person in your life.
Some things to remember.
1. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
2. "But God demonstrates his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
3. "For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit." (1 Peter 3:18)
4. "And He (Christ) died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf." (2 Corinthians 5:15)
5. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)